Monday, November 14, 2011

Bare Minerals & Everyday Minerals Review & Comparison

Hey guys! Sorry it took me so long to update and post this blog!

Here's the link to the BM Matte Foundation:
http://www.bareescentuals.com/Large-Matte-Spf-15-Foundation---Medium-Beige/mastermatte,default,pd.html?start=2&cgid=BM_SUB_FOUNDATION

Here's the link to the BM Original Foundation:
http://www.bareescentuals.com/bareMinerals-SPF-15-Foundation/MasterSPF15Found,default,pd.html?start=3&cgid=BM_SUB_FOUNDATION

Here's the link to the EDM Foundation:
http://www.everydayminerals.com/store/base.html

In the BM, I am in the shade Light which is a little bit too orange but great if you have NC30 skin. In the EDM, I am or was you can say, in the shade Light Medium. It is not too peachy for my skin. I am thinking about trying it again (in a different shade, obviously).

The REVIEW:


The BM has light-medium coverage. You can definitely build it up to full and it'll still feel light on your skin. However, it looks cakey which I think is weird how it works like that. It doesn't break me out, never has and I have been using it for more than a year almost religiously. I do try out other foundations out here and there but always come back to the BM. Don't know why, I just always come back to it. I guess you can say it's my HG foundation, however not one with the best coverage for me. I have a lot of hyperpigmenation on my face from past acne, so it's seriously a hassle to find a foundation that works. I also find that sometimes it can look really patchy like I didn't blend it in well, when in all honesty, I have blended for like 10 minutes. People say that mineral foundation is supposed to be easier and faster to apply, however for me and my skin, it takes me longer than liquid foundation. It doesn't take as much work, it just takes time.

The EDM has light-full coverage, however like I said in my review it feels heavy on the skin and can sometimes look cakey. There are many, many shade options as well as different finishes, so anyone can wear this foundation. The feel of it, however strayed me away from this foundation (as well as the color, but there are many shades so it doesn't really hold me back). I really don't have much to say about this foundation only because I haven't worn it in a while. When and if I do, I'll post up my updated review on here. (:

I hope this helped anyone of you looking for a mineral powder foundation! I'll post pictures of myself wearing each foundation asap!!! Please let us know if you have any questions about anything that we've reviewed so far. Thanks for reading!!!

Love,
Nalani

n2xquisite

No comments:

Post a Comment