Thursday, August 9, 2012

DIORSKIN Nude Natrual Glow Hydrating Makeup Review

I've had this foundation for awhile, I purchased it without grabbing any samples etc except for reading a few blog posts on it. I have it in shade Medium Beige 030. When I purchased this foundation at the beginning of the year, I was a bit more fair.

First impressions:
Comes with a pump
'Hyrdrating' Great, since I have dry skin
The pump does not pump out a whole lot
A bit dark for my skin
Blends well
Scented, but not too disturbing
Good coverage, about medium

After allowing the foundation to set, it oxidized and became even darker. Hence, after that I have not worn it till now. I've used it on my cousins for their proms this year and it looked beautiful on them, they loved the way it looked on their skin because they don't wear foundation; So I was glad to give them a great first time foundation wearing experience. LOL. About a week ago, I decided to give it another go since I've gotten a bit more tan over the summer ..& I am totally in love with this foundation atm! LOVE!


Since it's not too dark for my skin now, I've been wearing it every chance I get. I'm actually in recovery mode, :D which means I've been breaking out like crazy so I don't want to cake on a whole face of makeup. On most days I've been wearing my MAC Tinted Moisturizer, anywho ..this foundation has quickly become one of my favs!

When applying this foundation I apply it with my Sigma foundation brush, I switch between the F80, F82, and F84. I do not set the foundation because I like the natural glow that it gives me, hence the name of the foundation. I feel that it lasts just as long as on the days that I do set it (I use my Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder in Pale Yellow). The wear of this foundation on my skin is about five to seven hours, w/out setting the foundation. Again, this foundation is scented, so if you aren't fond of scented foundations I would advise you to stay away. I can smell it during the application process but throughout the day it does not bother me. I don't have sensitive skin so this foundation has not broken me out or given me any irritations.

Foundation name: DIORSKIN Nude Natural Glow Hyrdrating Makeup
I purchased it from Sephora, I'm not too sure whether or not they carry it in stores any longer.
Price: $47 + tax I believe ...yes, pricey but worth every penny!
My shade is in Medium Beige 030
It has an SPF of 10
Packaging of foundation is glass

Final thoughts:
It comes with a pump which is wonderful! BUT, one pump does not give you a whole lot of foundation, for my entire face I usually use about three to four pumps. Blends very well, and also buildable. About medium coverage (which I like). Scented, but does not bother me throughout the day. It is hyrdrating. It does give me a nice natural glow. Great for people with NORMAL and DRY skin ..or even DRY/COMBINATION (Dry on the cheeks but oily T-zone) and NORMAL/COMBINATION (Normal on cheeks but oily T-zone) if you set the foundation in the areas you are oily. I would not recommend this to someone who is oily.
& YES! I would definitely repurchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment